A sizable portion of a dish is what you need for serving at a dinner. This Best Mexican Casserole Recipe gives a Mexican touch and can feed a large crowd. Remains fresh in reheating so have tasty leftovers to enjoy as well.
The electric pressure cooker is a perfect utensil for it. You may also learn your way around its mechanism if it is new.
The Instant Pot comes with the idea as easy going. Close lid, do your chores and go back to a prepared meal. Moreover, you can also sauté directly in Instant pot instead of a separate utensil.
The rice-based dishes are a significant hit for cooking in it. This Instant Pot Mexican Casserole is mainly the right choice. The speciality of this recipe is that it is family-friendly and easy to adapt.
The ever-loved Mexican flavour doesn’t seem to lose its taste. Mexican foods are always a significant hit.
Instant Pot Best Mexican Casserole Recipe
Instant Pot Best Mexican Casserole is definitely an Easy, Healthy Dinner. A complete dinner package if guests are coming over.
It contains all the food groups. Veggies included such as colourful bell peppers, sweet corn, and fire-roasted tomatoes. Whole grains as part of brown rice. Protein as beans + ground chicken or turkey.
You may also adjust the recipe with ground beef as per your preferences. Dairy is included as gooey cheese + a dollop of creamy Greek yoghurt. Since it cooks in a single pot so no extra utensils, it contains fresh ingredients with convenient pantry staples.
The taste has a complete guarantee. The texture and flavours remind you of giant Chipotle Burrito Bowl.
Extra Servings with Instant Pot Best Mexican Casserole Recipe
If you want to top up your recipe, include Instant Pot Refried beans. You can also pair it up with vegetables, salads and rice.
Instant Pot Best Mexican Casserole Recipe
A healthy pressure cooker recipe oned with rice, chicken, fresh veggies, beans and spices. Finger-licking and easy to make.
prep time: 20 MINS
cook time: 55 MINS
total time: 1 HR 15 MINS
Servings: 4 -6 people
course: MAIN COURSE
- Two teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground chicken or turkey
- One small yellow onion – diced
- One teaspoon kosher salt
- One large red bell pepper – cut into wide strips (about 3/4 inch), cut in half if long
- One large green bell pepper – cut into wide strips (about 3/4 inch), cut in half if long
- One 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels – fresh, frozen and thawed, or drained from a can
- Two tablespoons chilli powder
- One tablespoon ground cumin
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water – plus additional if you have a newer Instant Pot
- One 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes in their juices
- 2 cups of your favourite salsa – 1 (16-ounce)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain brown rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese – divided in 2
- For serving: chopped fresh cilantro – diced avocado, chopped green onion, sour cream or plain Greek yoghurt
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE function and add the oil. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add in the chicken, onion, and salt. Cook and stir, breaking up the chicken while cooking. Do this until the meat is no longer pink. It takes about 7 minutes roughly. Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper and black beans, corn, chilli powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Splash in the water and scrape up all of the stuck-on bits of food. Make sure to get every bit off so that it doesn’t burn sideways. Pour in the diced tomatoes in their juices and salsa. Do not stir. Rinse the brown rice and drain. Add the brown rice and once again do not mix. With the back of a spoon or a spatula, gently push the rice down and spread it evenly so that it is submerged in liquid.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure (manually) for 20 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Release any remaining pressure through vent. Remove the lid and stir the mixture. At this point, the rice may still have a bit of liquid at the bottom. It will continue to absorb as the casserole settles down. Taste and adjust any seasonings as desired.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Followed by sprinkling the remaining cheese over the top. Set the lid back on the Instant Pot. Let rest ten additional minutes to allow the cheese to melt and more of the liquid to absorb. Serve hot with any desired toppings.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Let thaw in the fridge overnight. Reheat gently in the microwave.
- Do not use instant rice, as it will not hold up in the pressure cooker. Cooking times and liquid ratios can vary between different types of grains. For best results, long-grain brown rice is the best way to go, and the taste difference is there.
serving: 1(OF 6), ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS WITHOUT EXTRA TOPPINGS
fat: 14G saturated
Cooker best guide is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.