Do you know how to cook Tender Pot Roast?
Tired of long strenuous hours of cooking in the kitchen? Well, pressure cooker cooking can ease out your cooking time. Enjoy more juicy, tender food in half the amount of time. What’s great is that you can also save up your time. Presenting recipe on how to cook Tender Pot Roast.
Pot roast is a classical Sunday Lunch Recipe.
A personal favorite of my family as a party menu. Increasingly, it is easy to assemble and hassle-free.
It can also be your cooking meal all year round. Making roast in a pressure cooker has made cooking easier.
You don’t have to run home from a week to be timely, serving food. A call for a special dinner? You can make this in a jiffy(How to cook Tender Pot Roast).
Do you Need MOOSOO 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker with LCD
Which pressure cooker to use?
My recommendation for this recipe is this Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker.
This cooker close to a traditional pressure cooker is the best for producing low-calorie food.
Read also THE BEST PASTA RECIPIE
It cooks three to ten times faster than traditional cooking methods. This pressure cooker is a handy choice for any kitchen set. It contains a pressure regulator that maintains proper cooking pressure automatically.
Moreover, it contains stainless steel for long-lasting beauty and easy cleaning.
- 3 to ten time faster cooking rate
- A wise choice for low-calorie food
- Tenderizes meat pieces
- Enriched flavor
- Stainless steel for long working
- 64-page manual
- Cooking rack
- Easy cleaning
- Easy handling
- Cooker lock
- Cooling racks.
Should I slice the roast in pieces?
Slicing the roast can result in equal cooking. Have a crispy brownish touch on the roast. It can decrease your cook time if sliced.
Can you cook the carrot and potatoes with the roast?
NO! this would turn your potatoes into mush. The veggies are cooked in a meager amount of time.
Moreover, doing veggies after meat enhances the taste. The liquid of meat enriches meat flavor in veggies. Due to the pressure build-up, potatoes don’t take long.
INGREDIENTS of Tender Pot Roast:
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast, about 2.5 inches thick, cut into three equal pieces
- For seasoning use Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Three teaspoons beef base or three beef bouillon cubes
- One tablespoon tomato paste
- One bay leaf
- About ten small potatoes, optional
- Three large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces, optional
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Pat the roast dry using a paper towel. Season both sides of the roast with salt and pepper. Press the sauté option on the cooker and preheat. When hot, add oil and roast in the pot. The roast should be flatly laid in the pot.
- Cook until beef reaches brown colour. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions to the pot and sauté for 3 minutes. When they change colour, stir in 3 ½ cup water and beef base, tomato paste, and bay leaves.
- Add the roast and lock lid in place. Select high pressure and cook for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, turn off the cooker and let the pressure release. Carefully remove the lid and place your cooked roast on a cutting board and cover with aluminium foil.
- Add potatoes and carrots directly to the cooking pot with juices present. Lock lid in place and cook f0r 3 minutes on high pressure.
- After 3 minutes, turn off the cooker and release pressure. Check potatoes if they are done. If you want, you can simmer potatoes in juice at sautéing mode until your desired tenderness.
- Use a narrow aperture spoon to transfer veggies to a serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley. Cover with foil paper until ready to serve.
- Pour juices through a sieve into a flat container. Skim off excess fat and remove juices to pot.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour and ¼ cup cold water until smooth. Add ½ cup hot cooking juices to flour mixture and stir to combine. Add slurry to the pot and stir continuously lightly. Select sauté mode and boil the gravy until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For serving, cut roast in pieces and place in a rimmed serving platter. Pour half gravy on top of roast and the other half in a gravy boat with fresh steamed veggies.
Check out for best kitchen gadgets ,click here
If you are not fond of much gravy, then reduce liquid to 2 cups water and 2 tsp beef base. Also, reduce flour and cold water to ¼ cup each.
Cooker best guide is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.