INSTANT POT DUO EVO PLUS manual Electric Pressure Cooker, Sterilizer, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Grain Maker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Sous Vide, Bake, and Warmer, 6 Quart, 10 Programs
Pressure cooking and Non-Pressure cooking
Cooking and Safety
Safeguards of Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Manual
Adhere to the following precautions when using an Instant Pot Duo Evo pressure cooker
Carry using the side handles
Do not place near an Electric burner or gas oven
INSTANT POT DUO EVO PLUS 9 in 1 |Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Manual
It is Only suitable for countertop use
Do not use this device for anything other than its intended use
Avoid using this device for deep frying or pressure frying (with oil)
The cord should not touch hot surfaces or hang over edges
Do not use cooker for systems other than 110-120V/60hz (North America)
Do not use a damaged cooker or a device with a damaged cord. Do not use a cooker after it malfunctions Until the cooker has cooled and the internal pressure has been released, do not open the unit.
If the lid is difficult to turn and if the float valve stays up. It is indicating that the cooking is incomplete. For all pressure cooking endeavours, the volume of pre-cooked food and liquid should not exceed the ⅔ line in the inner pot.
When handling food that expands such as rice, vegetables or beans, food should not exceed the ½ line. Excess food can cause clogging and increased pressure which can compromise the structural integrity of the cooker. These do not apply to non-pressure programs.
Children and Individuals whose physical, sensory and mental abilities prevent safe use of the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Manual pressure cooker should be under close supervision when near this device. The INSTANT POT DUO EVO PLUS 9 in 1 cooker base and cord should not be immersed in any liquid, especially water, to avoid electrical shock
Precautions |Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Manual
- Ensure that the Steam Release handle is in the Sealing position during all pressure cooking
- Do not move the pressure cooker when it is operating under pressure or holding hot liquids
- Insert the plug into the cooker first and then attach the plug cord into the wall. To detach press
- Cancel and then remove the plug from the wall. Unplug when not in use
- Allow the cooker to cool down before cleaning or adding parts
- As the device cooks under pressure, negligent use can result in scalding injuries. Ensure the lid is closed properly and sealed tightly
Controls for using Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Manual
- Pressure key selects the level of pressure
- Cancel key cancels cook
- Delay start key sets a time before cooking starts
- Keep warm key turns the auto keep-warm function on or off
Cooking Program Options
- Choose between less, normal and more depending on the texture
- Soup broth
- Meat stew
- Bean chilli
- Slow cook
- Pressure cook
- Pressure Cooking Programs:
- Working Pressure:
- Low Pressure: 5.8 – 7.2 psi (40 – 50 kPa); High Pressure: 10.2 – 11.6 psi (70 – 80 kPa) Pressure
- Release Pressure Limit: 15.22psi (105kPa)
- Working Temperature: 115°C – 118°C (239°F ~ 244°F)
- Non-Pressure-Cooking Programs:
- Keep Warm function: 63 – 78°C (145 ~ 172°F);
- Slow Cook function: Less mode: 82-87.8°C / 180-190°F; Normal mode: 87.8-93°C / 190-200°F;
- More mode: 93-99°C / 200-210°F;
- Sauté function: Less mode: 135 -150°C (275 -302°F); Normal mode: 160 -176°C (320 -349°F);
- Moremode:175-210°C (347- 410°F)
- Getting Started
- Hold handle and turn lid counterclockwise and lift
- Remove inner pot
- Add a steam rack to the bottom of the inner pot. Then add food
- Clean the outside of the inner pot
- Put the pot into the cooker
- Make sure the sealing ring rack is set in the groove on the inside of the sealing ring.
- Ensure there is no deformation on the sealing ring rack. Do not attempt to repair a deformed ring rack
- Place the lid back and make sure all values are clean of debris
- Do not place the lid for Saute program
- Test Run
- Add 3 measuring cups of water into the inner pot (~25 Fl oz / 750 mL).
- 2 Close the lid. Turn the steam release handle to the Sealing position.
- 3 Press the Steam button and press the + / – keys to adjust the time to 2 minutes.
- The preheating cycle will start after 10 seconds and the cooker with Display On. Traces of steam will release until the float valve pops up. The Steam program will begin when working pressure is reached. After the cooking cycle has completed, the cooker will beep and switch to Keep Warm mode if the Auto Keep Warm function is ON.
Do you want to know about Instant Pot Air Fryer 8QT!
Follow steps in “Getting started”
Position Steam release handle to Sealing
Connect power cord, LED will show OFF meaning cooker is at standby
Select a Pressure-Cooking program
Use Cooking Program key to select cook time
Use Pressure Level key to select pressure
CHECK THIS ALSO CHEF iQ Multi-Functional Smart Pressure Cooker Pairs
10 seconds after choosing the settings, the cooker beeps 3 times and displays ON to indicate that the cooker has entered the preheating cycle. If using Delay Start, the Delay Start light indicator will light up and 10 seconds later, the delay timer will start to count down.
When count down is finished, cooking will start and LED will display ON for the preheating cycle. Depending on the amount of food and its temperature, the preheating cycle can last from a few minutes to 40 minutes or more. As the cooker heats up and pressure builds, the float valve rises.
When the working pressure is reached, the cooker enters the pressure-cooking cycle and displays the remaining cooking time.
When the cooking cycle has finished, the cooker beeps and enters the Keep Warm mode if the
Auto Keep Warm function is turned ON. The LED displays the elapsed time (such as L0:02). If
Cancel is not pressed; the cooker will turn OFF after 10 hours.
Click to have best one Ninja FD401 Foodi 8-qt. 9-in-1 Deluxe XL Cooker & Air Fryer-Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, 8-Quart
Release the pressure using one of the following methods (refer to recipe):
Natural Release: Allow the cooker to cool down naturally until the float valve drops down. This may take 10 to 40 minutes, or even more, depending on the amount of food in the cooker. Place a wet towel on the metal part of the lid to speed up cooling (do not cover the steam release).
Quick Release: Turn the steam release handle to the Venting position to let steam out until the float valve drops down.
Never pull out the steam release handle while releasing steam, as escaping steam is extremely hot and can cause scalding. When cooking food with large liquid volume or starch content, immediately turn the steam release handle back to the Sealing position at the first sign of spattering. Quick Release should ALWAYS be closely attended.
Press Cancel, LED will display “OFF”, ensure float valve is down before opening lid
- Connect the power cord. The LED displays OFF, indicating that the cooker is on standby.
- Select the Sauté program.
- To change the cooking temperature, press Sauté key repeatedly to toggle between Less (for simmering or thickening sauce), Normal (for regular browning), and More (for stir-frying or blackening meat).
- 10 seconds after choosing the settings, the cooking process will start. The cooker will beep 3 times and the LED displays ON to indicate that the cooker has entered the preheating cycle.
- When the working temperature is reached, the LED displays Hot.
- Add food to the inner pot and sauté.
- When you have ﬁnished sautéing the food, press Cancel. The LED displays OFF, indicating that the cooker is in standby mode.
- Do not use the pressure cooker lid during Sauté program. There will be warning alerts and the display will flash. A glass lid with a venting hole may be used.
- As a safety precaution, the cooker automatically enters standby mode after 30 minutes if you have not pressed Cancel
a) Add milk to the inner pot of INSTANT POT DUO EVO PLUS 9 in 1.
b) Select the Yogurt program.
c) Press the Yogurt key repeatedly to select the More mode. 10 seconds after choosing the settings, the heating process will begin. The cooker will beep
3 times and the LED will display boil.
d) When finished, the cooker will beep and the LED will display Yogurt.
If making yoghurt in smaller containers: add 1 cup/250 ml of water to the inner pot, place the steam rack in the inner pot and put the containers on top of the steam rack, close the lid, select the Steam program and use the + / – buttons to set time to 2 minutes. Make sure the steam release handle is in Sealing position when running the Steam program as this is a pressure-cooking program. When complete, use the natural release method and continue with steps 2 to 4
a) Remove the inner pot and place it on a wire rack.
b) Allow the milk to cool to 115°F/46°C. Test the milk temperature with a thermometer.
3 Add Starter Culture
a) Add starter culture to the warm milk in the inner pot. b) Replace the inner pot and close the lid.
The steam release handle can be left in Venting or Sealing position
a) Select the Yogurt program and adjust to Normal mode.
b) Press + / – to set fermentation time.
c) When finished, the cooker will beep and the LED will display Yogurt.
You may use the Instant Pot glass lid as an option. If using the pressure-cooking lid, make sure the steam release handle is turned to Venting
Connect Power cord
Select the Slow Cook program. Optionally, modify the slow cooking program using Cooking program key and Delay key.10 seconds after choosing the settings, the cooking program will start. The cooker will beep 3 times and the cooker will enter the cooking cycle. The LED will display the remaining cooking time. If using Delay Start, the light indicator will light up and 10 seconds later, the delay timer will start to count down. Cooking begins when count down is finished.
When the cooking cycle has finished, the cooker will beep and enter the Keep Warm mode if the
Keep Warm program is turned ON. The LED will display the elapsed time (such as L0:02). If
Cancel is not pressed; the cooker will turn OFF after 10 hours.
If the lid is on, remove it by turning counterclockwise and lifting.
Press Cancel. The LED displays OFF, indicating that the cooker is in standby mode.
When cleaning INSTANT POT DUO EVO PLUS 9 in 1,
All parts are dishwasher safe
Remove inner pot and lid, wash with detergent and wipe dry
Wipe inner pot rim with dry cloth to prevent rust
Remove the sealing ring and anti-block shield from the underside of the lid. Wash with warm, soapy water, rinse with clear water and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
Never use harsh chemical detergents, scouring pads or powders on any of the parts or components of INSTANT POT DUO EVO PLUS 9 in 1.
For help visit
Cooker best guide is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.